Intro to DAR is a four-hour workshop that will update the current DAR techniques and drug trends. It is a good refresher course for trained DAR officers and an introduction for those wishing to attend the 24-hour DAR course in the future. This course will provide you with an overview of the skills, knowledge, and techniques necessary to identify the drug user. DAR is definitely a practical useful course for a peace officer, probation, parole, or corrections officer; those dealing with the drug user. The seven- step process will take you from the “curbside to the courtroom” and will familiarize prosecutors with the “Under the influence” concept.
- Overview of the Methodology in the Performance of the DAR Evaluation.
- Explain the Seven Step Process as a Matter of Evaluation a Person Under the Influence of Drugs
- Explain how the DAR Evaluation Detects Drug Impairment
- Describe DUI, Marijuana evaluations
- Describe the Clues of Interest in Eye and Pupil Examinations
- Overview the Eight Drug Categories, Methods of Ingestion, Signs & Symptoms, Time Parameters & Clues During a DAR Evaluation